- Phone: (415) 507-0900
- Mailing Address: PO Box K. San Rafael, CA 94903
Lead Pastor, BayMarin Community Church in San Rafael, CA
Located in beautiful Marin County, just over the Golden Gate Bridge from San Francisco, we are a community seeking to deepen our relationships with God and with each other, as we live out the Gospel through the unique creativity God has wired into each of us. We strive to impact our local community, the greater San Francisco Bay Area, and the globe through outreach and by enabling individuals to follow their calling.
We are a lively and committed, multi-generational community seeking a lead pastor who is passionate about following Jesus, demonstrates love, compassion, wisdom, discernment, and humility to lead us into a new season of growth and sustainability. A community of approximately 150 people, we place a high value on relationships and connection with strong attendance at weekly Faith Community home group meetings in addition to a weekly Sunday service.
● Live a life centered around the person of Jesus
● Be a contemplative in action – live a life that engages in intentional, reflective and meditative practices that will result in a life of active service
● Broad experience preaching and teaching the Bible in a way that shows depth, understands and connects with the culture, and offers specific practices and application
● Experience with and desire to build and grow the church
● Skilled at managing and empowering a team of paid and volunteer staff
● 10 years of experience in ministry settings with at least 5 years of experience in a senior leadership role
● Master’s degree or above from an accredited seminary
● Holds beliefs in line with the Apostle’s Creed, the Nicene Creed, and our church beliefs outlined in our narrative statement of faith.
● Prayerfully study in order to develop a teaching arc and schedule to prepare biblically-based teaching/preaching
● Provide operational management and strategic leadership for BayMarin
● Work closely and cooperatively with the elder team in providing spiritual direction and vision for the church
● Develop staff into leaders through coaching, mentorship, and empowerment
● Work with staff and volunteer teams to provide leadership for small groups, congregational care, children and youth programs, etc. to ensure pastoral shepherding of the BayMarin community
● Briefly share your faith journey with us.
● What is your philosophy of ministry?
● What success and experience do you have with growing a community of faith?
Please send your cover letter, resume and answers to application questions to